Thursday, November 5, 2015

Ethos, Pathos, Logos


Ethos - the credibility, or convincing someone that the source you are using is credible with your argument.
  1. I will use ethos in my paper by using a source from the Census Bureau of the United States.
  2. I will use ethos in my paper by sharing the authors of  my sources, and using scholarly journals.
  3. I will use ethos in my paper by citing my sources on a works cited page at the end.  

Pathos  - The thing that evokes emotion from an argument
  1. I will use pathos in my paper by sharing an experience of my friend about divorce in her family.
  2. I will use pathos in my paper by creating images in peoples minds about the effect divorce can have on children of divorced parents.
  3. I will use pathos in my paper by sharing stories about what could happen eventually if people don't get married, don't have children, and get divorced.
Logos - Facts, proof, reason, logical
  1. I will use logos in my paper by providing facts accumulated from the census Bureau about marriage, divorce, and children.
  2. I will use logos in my paper by showing what could logically happen if divorce rates increase, people get married later, people stop having kids, and people stop getting married.
  3. I will use logos in my paper by using inductive and deductive reasoning.

Written by - Kelsey Robison

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment